The Third County Assembly of Tharaka Nithi has processed 44 Motions, considered two Regulations and has had two statements sought on the floor of the House; House Speaker Hon. John Mbabu has said while giving a communication from the Speaker during today’s Sitting at Kathwana.
Also considered and approved are the
– The Annual Development Plan for the Financial Year (FY) 2023 /2024
– The County Budget Review and Outlook Paper, 2022,
– The County Fiscal Strategy Paper for the FY 2023 / 2024
– The County Debt Management and Strategy Paper for the FY 2023 / 2024
– The Supplementary Budget (I) for the FY 2022 / 2023 and
– The County Supplementary and Appropriations Bill, 2023.
The House has also considered and approved County Executive Commitee Members (CECM’s), Chief Officers, the County Attorney and County Secretary as well as the County Bursary Board and the Ward Bursary Committees.
In the same Sitting, the Speaker communicated changes made by the Majority Party Leadership (United Democratic Alliance) as follows:
1. Majority Leader – Hon. Marengo Luke Nyaga
2. Majority Whip – Hon. Kabii Jones Kinegeni
3. Deputy Majority Leader – Hon. Njagi Joseph Kinyua
4. Deputy Majority Whip – Hon. Karuku Wanja.